Our Mission for Students
Touch of Class Dance Studio is more than just dance its a place a child will build upon dance skills as well as improve their self-confidence, meet new friends and learn to be a supportive team member. Our instructors teach with positive reinforcement building upon each skill taught.The first step to becoming a successful dancer is making a substantial commitment to your classes. Strong technique is a key ingredient, being in classes each week is where you develop that technique. Come to each class prepared to learn and without personal distractions. Class time is your chance to focus on yourself, so try to leave your concerns or worries at the studio door. Genuine progress is made when you look at each class as an opportunity to become better at what you love to do. Dance full-out, stretch a little further, become more aware of your technique, and make the most of every class. Respect for teachers is essential. Listen to each correction given, whether it’s directed at you or another dancer. A correction is an honor; it shows you how much a teacher cares about your progress as a dancer. Always say thank you when a teacher or choreographer offers you constructive criticism. Nothing can stop those students who apply themselves in every class and appreciate their teachers’ knowledge and experience.
T.O.C. Code of Ethics
- Shall offer dance education with an emphasis on maintaining age-appropriate movement, music and costuming.
- Shall commit to the principle of integrity in regard to business practices, teaching, and other professional activities.
- Shall be honest and straightforward with clientele regarding fees and expenses related to participating in programs, classes, and costuming.
- Shall maintain high standards of communication and customer service.
- Shall maintain a qualified and well-educated faculty for all ages, levels, and styles.
- Shall act to prevent false or misleading marketing and publicity.
- Shall respect fellow school owners and/or teachers and agree not to discredit, malign, or in any way cast negative reflections on the abilities of another school or dance colleague.
- Shall refrain from soliciting faculty and/or staff from another school without the consent of that school.
- Shall refrain from soliciting students registered at another school without the consent of that school.
- Shall treat faculty, office employees, subcontractors, and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- Shall always participate in dance competitions, performances, and other events with integrity and the utmost professionalism.
- Shall practice non-discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or ancestry.
- Shall comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety, and welfare of students and their families.